[How to] Recording Computer Audio With Audacity
In this malleable post, I am going to show you how to record almost any audio you want on your computer with Audacity.
WHAT IS AUDACITY?
Audacity® is free, open source, cross-platform audio software for multi-track recording and editing. Audacity is available for,, and other operating systems.
FOLLOWING IS THE PROCEDURE FOR RECORDING AUDIO WITH AUDACITY:
- The first step is to download Audacity.To download
- The next step is Click the Record button to start recording the audio in Audacity and click Stop when you’re done.
- There are a lot of options available in the main window these are:
- Audio controls: The standard controls – pause, play, stop, skip backward, skip forward, and record – for the project as a whole.
- Toolbar: In order, from top-left to bottom-right: Selection, Envelope, Draw, Zoom, Time Shift, and Multi-Tool Mode.
- Level meters: The left one is for output, and the right is for input. Clicking on the input meter will actively monitor audio levels, and right clicking will give you options to change the refresh rate.
- Level sliders: Change the volume level for both output and input, and the drop-down menu to the immediate right is to select an input.
- Shortcut bar: Shortcuts to quick actions – such as cut, paste, insert silence, etc – and for zooming.
- Audio tracks: The top of this area has the timeline, and any audio tracks will appear here. More on that in a bit.
- Selection tools: Here, you can choose where to start selection by time, and then choose to put in an end time, or a length of the selection.
- The next step is recording the track.
Just click the “Record” button up top. It’s the one that has a small red circle in the center.
You’ll see something like this appear:
- You can also see the length and properties of your audio tracks.
- After recording the audio it must be ensured that it is saved properly. For saving an audio Go to File > Save Project As…
To operate Audacity in windows XP,, windows 8 and windows vista
These are some of the basics to use Audacity !!
FOR ANY QUERIES OR SUGGESTIONS !! PLEASE, LEAVE A COMMENT.